LSAMP STEP (Second-year & Transfer Experience Program) is a community building program specifically for second yearand transfer students that are looking to better connect to OSU, their STEM college, and their peers. Participants will attend half-day retreats, once per term, to connect with peers, mentors, faculty, and staff to assist them in navigating OSU and taking advantage of valubale opportunities available to them as STEM students.
Apply to participate in LSAMP STEP here!
Advisors: Refer potential STEP students here!
Eligibility to participate in LSAMP STEP:
- Self-identification as one or more of the following groups: Black/African American, Latina/o, Native American/Alaksan Native, Pacific Islander/Native Hawaiian
- Current enrollment in an OSU STEM Major
- Currently a second year student at OSU (generally sophomore or junior class standing, depending on credits); OR
- Transfered to OSU from another college or university in the last three academic terms
LSAMP STEP Retreats
- Fall Retreat - Saturday, October 22nd, 2016 | 9:30am - 1:30pm | Strand Agriculture Hall
- Winter Retreat - Saturday, February 4th, 2017 | 9:30am - 1:30pm
- Spring Retreat (tentative) - Saturday, April 29th, 2017 | 9:30am - 1:30pm
Upcoming Fall STEP Events - Click on each event to register
- 10/13 | HP Industry Tour 12:30pm - 4:30pm (Corvallis)
- 10/13 | Career Fair Prep Workshop - 5pm - 6pm (Johnson Hall 221)
- 10/14 | Industry Tour - Food Innovation Center & Widmer Brothers - All day (Portland)
- 10/22 | Fall STEP Retreat - STAG Hall - 9:30am - 1:30pm - lunch included!
- 10/27 | Applying to Research Experiences for Undergrads (REU's) Workshop - 5:15pm - 6:15pm (Johnson Hall 221)
- 11/1 | Oregon State Police Forensics Lab Opportunities - 2pm - 3pm (Kidder Hall 128)
- 11/3 | Research Opportunities at Pacific Northwest National Laboratory - 6pm - 7pm (Johnson Hall 219 - LSAMP Center) Food provided!
- 11/11 | Industry Tour to FEI in Portland - 7:30am - 1pm (Bio, Chem, Phys, Math, MIME, EECS, ChemE majors) - Space is limited, lunch is included
- 11/14 | Research opportunities in Ecology - 5:30pm (Johnson Hall 219 - LSAMP Center)
- 11/16 | StrengthsQuest Workshop - 6pm - 7:30pm (Johnson Hall 221) - REGISTRATION CLOSED
In addition to retreats, participants will have access to:
- Academic Counseling each term (required)
- Mentor-led community building activities
- Industry tours in Portland and Seattle
- Undergraduate research opportunties
- LSAMP Student Center in Johnson hall
- LSAMP Tutoring in Math, Chemistry, and Physics
- PNW-LSAMP/OR-AMP Annual Conference
- Various other faculty and staff lead workshops
- On-campus Industry visits